Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, college campuses may or may not be open to visitors — which makes it critically important to take advantage of all virtual opportunities to connect with admissions officers.
番茄社区成人appExplore the sidebar below to read descriptions of the various events being offered in Fall 2020.
Carnegie Mellon Virtual Experience Series
番茄社区成人appCarnegie Mellon is hosting a series of virtual experiences that will allow students to learn more about various aspects of life at Carnegie Mellon, including:
- 20-30 minute
番茄社区成人appAll online events are accessible by Zoom or phone, and students are welcome to invite their family to join them.
Virtual Options at Fordham
番茄社区成人appAs we consider the different learning environments you may be experiencing this fall, we at Fordham want to provide as much support and access as possible for your students to engage with us. In lieu of our regular in-person travel, we’re providing a .
Attend Fordham Hosted Virtual Events
These are our most in-depth and accessible, requiring only your promotion to your students. We’ll take care of the rest, including registration and hosting! This option is ideal, especially if you’re unable to host a visit or your students want to connect to Fordham on a flexible schedule.
We recommend one or more of the following :
- Guided Virtual Tour (with current Fordham students)
- Virtual Hello (hosted by your representative; later times)
- Virtual Information Session (live, hosted presentation; weekend options)
- Virtual Ram Session (topic-based, e.g. financial aid or majors; later times)
We have several online opportunities for students to learn more about Georgia Tech. Please check our for information about our upcoming prospective student webinars, small group discussions, academic sessions, and live virtual campus tours led by Tech tour guides.
Gettysburg College is excited to offer for high school juniors and sophomores to attend virtual academic camps over the summer months. Subjects include psychology, history, and creative writing. Please find information to share with your students about our academic camps below:
- : Campers will get hands-on experiences that introduce them to research in psychology during this fun, challenging, and engaging introduction to the field.
- : Campers will get to enjoy historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania while studying American Civil War History through unique learning experiences. Students will explore the circumstances leading to the war, investigate significant battles during the war, and explore the condition of the United States after the war.
- : Students gain an in-depth introduction to all four genres of creative writing: fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and writing for stage and screen.
You can learn more and register on our .
Virtual Campus Visits
We know that most students are not planning to visit campuses anytime soon. But we have decided to make a very limited number of in-person available to those students who are able to get here. Obviously, this visit experience is not like what we would offer in a typical year, but some spaces are still available to do a tour and information session on campus through early November.
In the meantime, we are pleased to offer everyone and anyone the option of participating in our ! Wednesdays and Saturdays, we offer a campus tour (a real student narrating a pre-recorded video), an information session, and a chat with current students. It’s not the same as being here in person – but we think it’s a pretty close substitute!
Visit Mount Mary this fall!
- Individual visit (on-campus)
- Saturday visits (on-campus)
- Instant Decision Fridays (on-campus)
- Virtual Open Houses and webinars
- Take a virtual tour
- Individual virtual visit
SCAD Virtual Workshops
|Engage with SCAD faculty during a virtual workshop!
|We saved you and your students a seat! Join SCAD faculty for an upcoming one-hour virtual Zoom workshop to learn about art and design majors.
Workshop: Creating a Spontaneous Composition
Workshop: “On Good Storytelling… and Writing, Too”
Drawing Workshop: Using Music/Sound to Inform & Motivate the Narrative in Visual Composition
Workshop: Free-range animation (stop-motion)
Workshop: What is Typography?
Interactive design and game development workshop: Games and Apps
Virtual Advising Appointment
番茄社区成人appAs we continue to transition to a virtual world, we’re working to provide many opportunities for students to engage with Trinity and learn about the college admissions process. We are now offering students the option to schedule a virtual one-on-one advising appointment with an admissions counselor. These informal conversations are a great opportunity to get questions answered and discuss college interests.
There are other ways to learn about the Trinity experience as well. Students can visit our to register for an information session, take a virtual tour, sign up for a college interview, or connect with a current Trinity student with similar academic interests.
Virtual Opportunities to Connect
While we won’t be able to participate in virtual high school visits this fall, we are excited to share a variety of opportunities for students, families, counselors, and teachers to engage with Penn. Please check our website and 番茄社区成人app regularly.
- Information Sessions & Live Tours
- Live information sessions, led by Penn Admissions Officers, will be offered on weekdays and select Saturdays.
- Live virtual campus tours, led by Kite & Key tour guides, will be offered on weekdays and select Saturdays.
- Digging Deeper, a panel focused on diversity and inclusion, will be led by Kite & Key members throughout the fall.
- School & Program Sessions
- Penn’s four undergraduate schools and select coordinated dual degree programs offer a variety of weekday and weekend events, such as information sessions, current student chats, pre-recorded sessions, and live Q&A.
- Workshops, Panels & Events
- Penn Admissions offers a weekly workshop on topics such as essay writing, international student life, financial aid, Penn’s FGLI community, and much more.
- , hosted by Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Penn, and Stanford, will offer joint presentations throughout the fall. Additionally, Penn partners with a variety of universities to offer virtual regional presentations geared toward prospective international students and families, which will be advertised via email.
- On-Demand Resources
- Penn Admissions offers a set of Application Advice Videos and a virtual campus tour, all accessible 24/7.
First Year Virtual Events
These events will consist of , , and . Explore conversations including “Picking an Engineering Major,” “Women in Engineering,” and “Do More than Just Engineering,” among many others.
Miss a live event? Don’t worry — we post recordings after the fact to .
In these programs we will discuss high school preparation for our programs and the ways our engineering education is preparing students to address the complex technical, social, and ethical questions raised by emerging technologies of the future.